[Gmsh] GMSH error

HAMMOND C. christopher.hammond at durham.ac.uk
Wed Feb 25 17:41:06 CET 2009

I am currently working on developing a benchmark cantilever problem.

Using the non-interactive gmsh mode I am trying to generate a very fine mesh, I believe the easiest way to do this is by setting the global scaling factor for all the characteristic lengths.

My command reads 'gmsh base.geo -3 -clscale 0.006'    The error I get is 3 identical points in Qtest as shown below.

If I run the -clscale as 0.007 the .msh file is produced.

Can you give me any help on this?

Many Thanks,
Chris Hammond
Durham University Engineering Department

: Running 'gmsh base.geo -3 -clscale 0.006'
Info    : Started on Wed Feb 25 16:19:51 2009
Info    : Reading 'base.geo'
Info    : Read 'base.geo'
Info    : Meshing 1D...
Info    : Meshing curve 1 (Line)
Info    : Meshing curve 2 (Line)
Info    : Meshing curve 3 (Line)
Info    : Meshing curve 4 (Line)
Info    : Meshing curve 8 (Line)
Info    : Meshing curve 9 (Line)
Info    : Meshing curve 10 (Line)
Info    : Meshing curve 11 (Line)
Info    : Meshing curve 13 (Line)
Info    : Meshing curve 14 (Line)
Info    : Meshing curve 18 (Line)
Info    : Meshing curve 22 (Line)
Info    : Mesh 1D complete (0.005 s)
Info    : Meshing 2D...
Info    : Meshing surface 6 (Plane, MeshAdapt+Delaunay)
Error   : 3 identical points in Qtest