[Gmsh] represent a deformed displacement pattern: a vtk result

Umut Tabak u.tabak at tudelft.nl
Fri Jul 24 15:55:55 CEST 2009

Dear all,

Excuse me if what I am asking is not conforming to this mailing list,
but no one around to ask. I have a mode shape vector for an unstructured
grid, generated in gmsh and modelled in getfem++, which has import
capabilities for gmsh. I solved my eigenvalue problem in petsc/slepc and
found the result eigenvectors. I could, later on, wrote the vtk (of the
mode shape vector)output again using getfem++ library. Is this possible
to display the result in gmsh(deformed structural mode.) There is a vtk
extension in the listed files, but with that I can only see the nodes
and elements. I am not new to gmsh but new to vtk, and playing with
Mayavi2 by the way, no success so far.

Best regards,
Umut