[Gmsh] Am I the only one?

Martin Vymazal martin.vymazal at vki.ac.be
Sun Aug 23 16:18:28 CEST 2009

Dear gmsh developers,

  as I wrote to the mailing list about a week ago, I have serious
problems with the latest version of gmsh. When I start it and try to
open any *.geo file, my cpu load goes to 100% and the main window of
gmsh is simply plain white. Gmsh doesn't react to any user input. When
I posted an email about this to the mailing list last week, it was
simply ignored. I noticed that there's a new stable version of gmsh as
of August 22. The problem persists on my laptop (Thinkpad T61, nvidia
graphics card with binary drivers). I have a computer with intel GPU
at work, and gmsh likes to crash there too (I was told it's a problem
with the intel drivers). I think there used to be a command line
switch '-mesa' (or something like this), but it's gone now.
  Maybe I'm the only one with this problem and thus not worthy any
attention. However, more people might have a similar problem and I'd
like to kindly ask if there's a chance that someone will take a look
at this. Otherwise I'm forced to abandon gmsh completely.

  Best regards,

       Martin Vymazal