[Gmsh] GMSH - Inicial step in mesh generation and point creation

Ricardo Canelas marandus at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 18:14:36 CET 2009

Hi!

I'm relatively new to this world so go soft on me.

I am using Gmsh as a mesh generator for a 2D CFD code on my master thesis,
but the thing is that i have to be able to explain every step taken by Gmsh
when it computes an unstructured mesh. I can't understand the inicial step
described in the manual :

"For all 2D unstructured algorithms a Delaunay mesh that contains all the
points of the
1D mesh is initially constructed using a divide-and-conquer algorithm.
Missing edges are
recovered using edge swaps. After this initial step three different
algorithms can be applied
to generate the final mesh..."

What 1D mesh? How are there missing edges?

The second questions comes regarding the point generation algorithm. I can't
find any reference to any, like grid superposition, boudary point
distribution...

Any help is more than welcome!

Best regards,

--
Ricardo Canelas
CEHIDRO - Instituto Superior Técnico, UT Lisboa