[Gmsh] Set order Option in the Mesh menu

Jean-François Remacle jean-francois.remacle at uclouvain.be
Sun Apr 24 12:31:21 CEST 2011

Le 20 avr. 2011 à 16:27, GERALD sophie DSNA/CC a écrit :

> Good afternoon,
>
> I work with the "gmsh-2.5.0-Linux" version of your software.
>
> I have written my file.geo in the aim to create a 2D unstructured mesh around an airfoil (c.f. the attachment). I have 2 Plane Surfaces that touch. After loading the .geo and create my 2D-mesh I would like to use the "Set Order" option in the "Mesh" menu.
> 1- Is it possible to obtain a different order in each surface? That is to say to have a 6-node (or 9) triangle in the first surface (number 1000) and  a 3-node (or 6) triangle in the second one (number 1001)?

no, this is not something we have implemented. Yet, this is quite simple in principle to generate the highest
order in the geometry and to post-process the mesh and reduce locally the order of the mesh

> 2- How can I get the number of triangles resulting from the mesh for each surface in the message control? Indeed I didn't succeed with the Mesh.NbTriangles=1 at the end of my .geo.

You can use a python script that would look like

g = GModel ()

g.load('yourmesh.msh')

face = g.getFaceByTag(1000)

print face.getNumMeshElements()