[Gmsh] Support for a high order grid for the AIAA workshop 'High order methods for CFD'

Jean-Marie.Le_Gouez@Onera.fr Jean-Marie.Le_Gouez at onera.fr
Mon Sep 5 14:50:20 CEST 2011

We are participating at ONERA to the workshop "High order Methods for
CFD" organized by ZJ Wang and al.
The geometry for the 3-element airfoil case is provided on the workshop
site :
      http://www.public.iastate.edu/~zjw/hiocfd/3-element-airfoil.IGS
in IGES format, as Nurbs.
We have created the following geometry description file HighLift.geo,
where the Nurbs are declared as BSplines.
We just reproduced the same definition points, without duplicating the
end points.
Is this correct ?
Now the HighLift.geo is parsed correctly by the gmsh 2.5.0 preprocessor,
and the mesh as triangles only is correct; However it seems that when
requesting high order triangles on the boundaries, there is no
difference from 2nd order on.
Is this a consequence of an improper definition of BSplines ?
What is the difference with Splines ?
Thank you for your support

Jean-Marie Le Gouez
Thien Hiep Le