[Gmsh] [Question] I need help to make tetrahedral mesh with STEP file

Zenker, Dr. Matthias Matthias.Zenker at erbe-med.com
Tue Sep 6 13:11:53 CEST 2011

The problem is that there are duplicate surfaces between the inner and outer cylinder. This can be resolved by gmsh in some cases. Check "Tools->Options->Geometry->General->Cut and merge faces" before opening your step file. This resolved the conflicting faces for your test case on my system.

For more complicated cases, I am working on a solution which I am unfortunately not ready to release yet.

HTH,

Matthias