[Gmsh] Tutorial for Post-Process using gmsh 2.5

jean pierre aubry jeanpierre at lamachine.fr
Sat Sep 17 07:13:04 CEST 2011

hello

you did read my little bookelt?
there are some explanations about that
also the pdf Gmsh manual shoud be read about that
and finally
you should try to write Gmsh native Postpro .pos file
and or use STANLEY

regarding
> I am not sure of the post processing capabilities (accuracy) of the
> latest version of Salome_6.3.1 and would like another means of
> verifying the results. Thanks.
i am sure of the UNcapabilities of Salome in 1D element problems when
they get larger tha a few elements

jean pierre aubry

On 17 Sep 2011, at 03:13, jmb wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Would somebody recommend a good tutorial for learning how to post
> process CodeAster result files using gmsh, please?
>
> I have tried various ways and I get nothing when I import a CodeAster
> Ver_11+ MED file.  Is this because gmsh cannot open the Med3 format?
> If so is there an upgraded version of gmsh available; or in the
> development stages as a daily snapshot that one can attempt at
> compiling?  I am using Ubuntu Jaunty (and Lucid) in a 64bit OS.

Hi guys - we're working on it, but it's not yet in the nightly builds.
Moving from MED2 to MED3 is actually a lot more work than what we
initially thought, due to significant changes in the MED library.