[Gmsh] 3D Mesh Trouble

Zenker, Dr. Matthias Matthias.Zenker at erbe-med.com
Tue Jan 24 09:00:51 CET 2012

Hello Jack,

this is a known problem, without a complete solution yet. I am working on a solution which is not yet mature, and will still take some time before it will be usable for everyone. I will share it when it is ready - at the moment, I am busy with other projects.

There is also a partial solution implemented in gmsh, which might work for your geometry:

Open Tools->Options->Geometry, and check "Cut and merge faces" in the General tab. Then reload your geometry file. If everything went well, the overlapping surfaces are resolved, and you should get a 3D mesh without errors. If not - well, in your case, you can also resolve the duplicate surface by hand. In case of more complicated geometries, the "Cut and merge faces" will fail, and manual repair becomes more difficult, if not impossible.

HTH,

Matthias