[Gmsh] Finding the intersection curve of two surfaces in GMSH

Hongjun Ran hongjun.ran at asdl.gatech.edu
Sun Jul 1 18:37:27 CEST 2012

Dear  <http://www.montefiore.ulg.ac.be/~geuzaine> Christophe and
<http://perso.uclouvain.be/jean-francois.remacle> Jean-François,

First, thank you for your excellent work to make the even powerful GMSH 2.6.

I notice that you mentioned that other CAD tools such as openCascade should
be used to do Boolean operations on primitives, however, I still think  it
will be very handy if GMSH itself has similar capability. Is there any
particular reason that GMSH has no Boolean operations?

Or, if GMSH can find the intersection curve of two surfaces defined by the
user, that is good enough for my needs. I tried to cut the skin with
CutPlane and got a intersection curve, so maybe that means it is not very
hard to find the intersection curve of two surfaces in GMSH, isn’t it? I
would like to develop this intersection curve capability in GMSH if you can
guide me where I should start, e.g., the documentation of the classes and
API’s?

Thank you so much and looking forward to hearing from you.

Hongjun Ran, Ph.D.

Research Engineer II

Aerospace Systems Design Laboratory

School of Aerospace Engineering