[Gmsh] Export to GIF creates a PNG file with GMSH 2.5.0 on Red Hat 5.3

Christophe Henrard Christophe.Henrard at lmsintl.com
Tue Jul 3 17:05:01 CEST 2012

Hello again,

Did anyone observe the same behavior on Linux Red Hat 5.3 with the export to GIF files (see email below)? I tested on other operating systems :

-        GMSH 2.5.0 on RedHat 5.3 : does not work, GIF file is actually a PNG file

-        GMSH 2.6.0 on RedHat 5.3 : gmsh did not start because of a missing dynamic library libgfortran.so.3 (I tried with a library found on a Ubuntu 64bit machine but apparently, this version requires a 32bits library, which I don't have)

-        GMSH 2.4.2 on Ubuntu 10.4 64 bits : ok, works fine, GIF file is correct

-        GMSH 2.5.0 on Windows 7 64 bits : ok, works fine, GIF file is correct
Thank you in advance for your help,
Christophe Henrard