[Gmsh] holes intersect boundary

Nico Schlömer nico.schloemer at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 10:54:31 CEST 2012

Maybe this didn't come through quite right: I'm not interested in the
intersection surface at all; all I want to do is carve cavities out of an
existing block of "material". Suppose I have a cube with edge length 10
centered around the origin, and I want to carve out two ball cavities with
each radius 1.5 centered at (1,0,0) and (-1,0,0), respectively, then gmsh
would already bail out.

And by the way, what would you say is a good "solid modeler"?

--Nico