[Gmsh] Help: two surfaces having the same mesh in the contact zone

elisa rivas rodriguez elisa_rivas.88 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 5 08:45:00 CET 2013

Hi!Please could someone help me? I'm working with Gmsh parametrically and I would like to know how can I make two surfaces have the same mesh in the contact zone? Since I'm locking with parameters I can not use lc (element size) nor transfinite line. This is because the sizes of the surfaces may be any dimension (the user will specify that).In conclusion: I have a "large" surface and another "smaller" in the middle. Both should be considered welded or glued in the contact zone. How I can get it to mesh them, so that the nodes / elements both in the contact zone match, and there is only one and not two matching mesh?

Thank you very much for your help!

Best Regards.

Elisa.