[Gmsh] Help: two surfaces having the same mesh in the contact zone

Sebastian Theilenberg theilenberg at hiskp.uni-bonn.de
Tue Mar 5 10:14:57 CET 2013

Hi Elisa!

I think you could just define the contact zone as one surface, and the
surfaces not contacted as one (or two) additional surfaces.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Am 05.03.2013 08:45, schrieb elisa rivas rodriguez:
> Hi!
>
> Please could someone help me? I'm working with Gmsh parametrically and
> I would like to know how can I make two surfaces have the same mesh in
> the contact zone? Since I'm locking with parameters I can not use lc
> (element size) nor transfinite line. This is because the sizes of the
> surfaces may be any dimension (the user will specify that).
>
> In conclusion: I have a "large" surface and another "smaller" in the
> middle. Both should be considered welded or glued in the contact zone.
> How I can get it to mesh them, so that the nodes / elements both in
> the contact zone match, and there is only one and not two matching mesh?
>
> Thank you very much for your help!
>
> Best Regards.
>

> Elisa.

Dipl. Phys. Sebastian Theilenberg

Universität Bonn
Helmholtz-Institut für Strahlen- und Kernphysik
Arbeitsgruppe Prof. Dr. Urbach

Raum 0.011
Nussallee 14-16
D-53115 Bonn