[Gmsh] how to transform target element volume to target element size?

Ziyu ZHANG buaazhangziyu at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 17:48:37 CET 2013

Hi all,

I am using the background mesh to implement adaptive mesh refinement. Based
on previous discussions in this forum, I assume that the value at the
vertices of background mesh is the length of target element edge. So my
question is: if I know the target element volume, how can I transform this
volume to the length of element edge, especially for 2D triangular and 3D
tetrahedral elements?

If Gmsh has a way to do this, I want to keep consistent with it.

Thanks,

--
Ziyu ZHANG
PhD Student