[Gmsh] create the coarsest 3d hexahedra mesh

Denis Davydov davydden at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 00:29:05 CET 2013

Dear Roman,

Thanks for your advice.
I actually came across the
Transfinite Line/Surface/Volume settings (also structured mesh).
Using this, i was able to make a simple hex mesh.

The only small (not a deal breaker) peculiar behavior is that
even though i set 2 nodes per line, when the 3D mesh is applied,
an additional node is introduced in the middle of each line. Thus,
say, cube is divided into 8 hexa  instead of 1.
Apart from that things look as expected.

Kind regards,
Denis.