[Gmsh] Version 2.7.1 Mesh Error

jakob schwarz jakob.vancouver at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 15:26:56 CEST 2013

Hello,
I recently updated gmsh from version 2.6.2 to version 2.7.1. I'm really
happy about a few improvements, but unfortunately a routine I used for
several month without any problems stopped working:
I have attached a geo-file for meshing a structured sphere (I just changed
a file I've found in this list some time ago. I think somebody called
Markus created it...). The variable 'aufl' is used to change the resolution
of the mesh.
For aufl=3 or aufl=4 the mesh is still alright. But when I set the value to
5 or higher, the meshes of a few surfaces include points on the opposite
side of the sphere. This is somehow related to the order of the line loops,
but I can't figure out why this happens or how to stop this.
Any help to fix this problem is greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Jakob