[Gmsh] GMSH 3D mesh generation fails

xsimecek at fit.cvut.cz xsimecek at fit.cvut.cz
Wed Jun 26 08:47:32 CEST 2013

Dear GMSH developer(s),

I did some experiments to avoid "self intersecting surfaces" error message

I used very simple objects(one rectangular cuboid minus another
rectangular cuboid = "hole in the box")
2 examples are attached.

I find out that "self intersecting surfaces" error message disappears when
I decrease the fourth parameter in point definition, but problem with
generation of 3D mesh remains:

I try all 3D generators:
Dealunay - stop responding, after few minutes does not give any result
Frontal - surface mesh not consistent error messsage
Fr. Dealunay - works but the mesh is incorrect
Fr. Hex - works but the mesh is incorrect
MMG3D - kills the process gmsh !
R-tree - stop responding,after few minutes does not give any result

So, either I don't get any result or the result is incorrect (generated
mesh is across the "hole")

What do I wrong?

I have used GMSH 2.7.1:
FLTK 1.3.1