[Gmsh] saving Physical entities in -format inp

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Tue Jul 16 08:31:27 CEST 2013

Hi Geordie,

But there are ELSETS for physical groups in the file you sent: see at the end of the file...

Would you want the additional ELSETS for the elementary entities to be removed?

(We have been trying to rationalize the use of "groups" in Gmsh; eventually we want to make them consistent across formats, and between Gmsh and other tools. The main problem with the old approach was that we always had to renumber the nodes/elements in the output files, and we duplicated elements belonging to multiple physical groups. This made it impossible to have a "non-lossy" write/read cycle, as internally Gmsh could not represent what we saved on disk!)

Christophe