[Gmsh] Question about parametric nodes and mixed elements

Michael Scheerer scheerer at fdy.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Sep 17 16:12:43 CEST 2013

Dear Prof. Christophe Geuzaine,

I'm Michael Scheerer and we meet us during the last Gmesh workshop. I've a
short question about parametric nodes (instead of normal nodes).

Is there any documentation about? It would be very help full. I've seen,
that in available Gmesh importer source code of scientists is only a "not in
the spec, not supported" exception, if a msh file contains parametric nodes
stuff.

Another question is about mixed elements. Performance-wise it would be
helpful, if we could use non curved elements in cases, that there are nearly
no differences between straight looking  curved elements and possible non
curved "replacement" elements. Can you verify the statement, that such a
replacement is impossible, because of the fact, that if once one element is
curved, all other must be curved too, because of a domino effect?

Best regards,

Michael Scheerer

Dipl.-Ing. Michael Scheerer

TU Darmstadt, Department of Mechanical Engineering Chair of Fluid Dynamics
Petersenstr. 30, 64287 Darmstadt, Germany

Phone: ++ 49 (0)6151-16-70960

E-Mail: scheerer at fdy.tu-darmstadt.de

Home-Page: http://www.fdy.tu-darmstadt.de/