[Gmsh] Gmsh DLL linkin error, not able to find functions in DLL with dependency walker

kim nielsen martinez kimepa11 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 18:24:34 CEST 2013

Hi,

I wrote a long email yesterday, but now I just would like to ask a simple
question to see if it is easier to answer and it gives me a clue about how
to proceed now.

I compiled gmsh as a DLL with Cmake. If I just compile the SHARED project,
compilation goes fine.

But if I try to compile gmsh project, it gives the following error:

fatal error LNK1104 cannot open file Debug\Gmsh.lib, in file gmsh of
project gmsh

Any suggestion what I´m doing wrong?

Furthermore, I opened gmsh.dll (which I compiled from shared project) with
dependency walker to look for the actual names of some methods/functions in
the library in order to call them in my app, but it gives error such as:
- Error: At least one required implicit or forwarded dependency was not
found.
Morever, I can't find any of the functions such as GmshInitialize() or
GmshFinalize()... Is there any additional step that must be done to get a
correct DLL?

Thank you very much for your attention, I hope you can help me to solve
this problem that has been occupying my time for the last week so far..

Regards,