[Gmsh] Defining Mesh

David Bernstein David.Bernstein at meliorinnovations.com
Wed Mar 11 16:51:40 CET 2015

Hi Thomas, I’m sorry but I don’t understand your problem.  It would be helpful if you could post a small example.

Dave

On Mar 10, 2015, at 10:14 AM, Thomas Bernhardt <tzbernhardt at gmail.com<mailto:tzbernhardt at gmail.com>> wrote:

I am finding that I can define a compound surface and instead of a bunch of separate meshes it treats it as one mesh but the points from the original surface divisions remain.  So the problem is that the mesh is defined based on points. The one mesh is the same as the original broken up meshes. The mesh will still be smaller on the part of the compound surface that used to be a smaller surface because points are closer together. Any fix for this? Thanks for your help!

Thomas Bernhardt

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 10:23 AM, David Bernstein <David.Bernstein at meliorinnovations.com<mailto:David.Bernstein at meliorinnovations.com>> wrote:
Hi Thomas, Take a look at the Compound Line/Surface/Volume entities in Gmsh.  These will probably do what you want.

Regards,
Dave