[Gmsh] GMSH problems in Arch Linux-64 bit

lukshuntim at gmail.com lukshuntim at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 09:43:15 CET 2015

On Sunday, March 22, 2015 03:47 PM, Christophe Geuzaine wrote:

>> On 21 Mar 2015, at 20:04, Isaac Ayala <isaac.ayalaiii at gmail.com> wrote:

[snipped]

>> 2.- Running
>> sudo make uninstall
>>
>> Returns the following error:
>> make: *** No rule to make target 'uninstall'.  Stop.
>>
>> Is gmsh lacking the uninstall feature in the source code, or must I specify something else when running the command?
>>

> Indeed, there is no "make uninstall". It's on our TODO list.

Hi Issac,

In teh mean time, if you really need it, see if you'd like to try stow
as a workaround.

https://www.gnu.org/software/stow/

Quite simple to use, IMHO. Configure the build to install gmsh under its
own directory, e.g., /usr/local/stow/gmsh and run stow to create
symbolic links to the usual local installation hierarchy /usr/local.
Uninstallation is then simply "un"-stowing and deleting the
/usr/local/stow/gmsh tree.

Regards,
ST