[Gmsh] GMSH problems in Arch Linux-64 bit

Isaac Ayala isaac.ayalaiii at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 19:33:53 CET 2015

 <lukshuntim at ...> writes:

> On Sunday, March 22, 2015 03:47 PM, Christophe Geuzaine wrote:
> >
> >> On 21 Mar 2015, at 20:04, Isaac Ayala <isaac.ayalaiii at ...> wrote:
>
> [snipped]

> Hi Issac,
>
> In teh mean time, if you really need it, see if you'd like to try stow
> as a workaround.
>
> https://www.gnu.org/software/stow/
>
> Quite simple to use, IMHO. Configure the build to install gmsh under its
> own directory, e.g., /usr/local/stow/gmsh and run stow to create
> symbolic links to the usual local installation hierarchy /usr/local.
> Uninstallation is then simply "un"-stowing and deleting the
> /usr/local/stow/gmsh tree.
>
> Regards,
> ST

Please pardon the late reply, I'll test stow later. I'll have to get a good
understanding of how simlinks work tough.

As to the local installations, where exactly is gmsh searching for the .so
files then?

I can confirm the existence of the libTKSTEP files in the /usr/local/lib
folder, i'll see if I can get CMake to link to that folder in the meantime.

Regards,
Isaac