[Gmsh] Issue with labels of geometrical entities (merge of igs file)

Julien Genée julien.genee at ensma.fr
Tue Apr 26 22:47:04 CEST 2016

Hello everyone,

I have some issues regarding labelling of geometrical entities in GMSH.

Here is my problem : I imported a IGS geometry - consisting of points,
lines and surfaces - to GMSH with the Merge command. By doing so, the
geometrical entities are correctly imported but a given index can be
commonly share by different entities.

For example, the first point, the first line and the first surface are
labeled "1", and so on..
This seems to raise some problems afterwards when I use constraint
commands like, for example :

    Surface {1} In Volume {999}:

In this case, it returns an error : "Unknow surface 1".
I investigated and it seems that with this specific command, gmsh
misunderstand I am talking about the surface labeled "1".

So I wanted to know if it is possible to redefine (surface) labels after
import of the IGS file ? (in order to assign
new indexes that are not shared with an other type of entity).

Thanks for your help,
--
Julien GENEE
--

ENSMA - Téléport 2, 1 avenue Clément Ader, BP 40109
F86961 FUTUROSCOPE CHASSENEUIL Cedex

E-mail: julien.genee at ensma.fr

Tel: +33(0)5 49 49 82 15

AIR-BEAR, Love at first sight.