[Gmsh] Remeshing with GMesh in 2D

Dr. Stephan Schmidt stephan.schmidt at mathematik.uni-wuerzburg.de
Wed Apr 27 01:49:27 CEST 2016

Dear all,

I am trying to use gmsh to remesh a 2D geometry.

So far, following the 3D examples (that is having a 2D stl surface as input to generate a 3D mesh) work fabulously just following the examples on compound surfaces, such as the one found here:
http://people.sc.fsu.edu/~jburkardt/examples/gmsh/t13.geo

But for my problem, I would need to remesh a 2D geometry (that is having a non-overlapping planar graph in a .msh file as input) seeking a 2D triangle mesh as output with reparameterized boundary graphs.

Is there any way of doing this as elegantly as the above link does for surfaces?

Regards and many thanks,
Stephan Schmidt