[Gmsh] information on generated mesh

Jose Paulo Moitinho de Almeida moitinho at civil.ist.utl.pt
Tue Oct 11 13:07:03 CEST 2016

"Me too"

We created a matlab class that from a .msh file (2D or 3D) creates a
topological data structure of the mesh (*). After that functions like

[ cell_edges, cell_verts ] = prob.mesh.get_ev_c(elem);

[ cell_faces, cell_edges, cell_verts ] = prob.mesh.get_fev_c(elem);

for a 2D or a 3D mesh respectively, are processed "efficiently".

(Note that all the other topological queries are available.)

ZP

(*) described in "IBHM: index-based data structures for 2D and 3D hybrid
meshes" http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00366-015-0395-0