[Gmsh] R: information on generated mesh

Jose Paulo Moitinho de Almeida moitinho at civil.ist.utl.pt
Tue Oct 11 16:15:06 CEST 2016

It is certainly spending time to find information that is (probably) already
available "inside" gmsh when the mesh is generated.

Nevertheless this pre-processing is "much" faster than checking "who is near
who" by munching all the data (it does not grow exponentially with the
dimension of the mesh). Should be similar to the time used to read a .msh file
from gmsh.

May make a difference depending on what you are considering/using.

ZP