[Gmsh] Seeking license to use GMSH sotware

Aleksejs Fomins aleksejs.fomins at lspr.swiss
Mon Nov 7 09:58:57 CET 2016

Dear Sonia,

Welcome to Gmsh!

I'm not one of the developers, but I will gladly tell you what I know.

1) Gmsh is opensource and free for academic use. Unless you intend to use it in a closed-source project financially gainful for you/your employer, you are fine. If latter is the case, do openly state so, and, I am sure that one of the developers will get in touch with you.

2) Gmsh is delivered both in binaries which you can run directly on your system, or the source code which you can compile yourself. I think the downloads page is quite self-explanatory

http://gmsh.info/#Download

Best of luck,

Aleksejs