[Gmsh] zooming with shift-LMB-drag stops after one second

Johan van Ravenhorst johan at vanr.nl
Wed Nov 9 05:05:35 CET 2016

Pressing Shift + left-mouse-button*, while dragging the mouse in a pull
('down') and push ('up'), lets you zoom in and out, respectively. This
behavior is not documented in [1]. Now this is remarkable: Roughly one
second after pressing the Shift-button, the mode is suddenly changed from
zooming to panning. This mode change bothers me because I prefer zooming
this way. Panning is already taken care of using RMB-drag.

Question: Can this behavior be changed so the zoom mode remains?

*using a 3-button mouse | Gmsh 2.14.1, 2.10 and 2.0.0 | Windows 10 64bit

[1] http://gmsh.info/doc/texinfo/gmsh.html#Mouse-actions