[Gmsh] Mesh of a disc removing the center point

Sara R. Martin sara.martin at iet.ntnu.no
Wed Nov 9 06:09:25 CET 2016

Hi,

I have a problem when generating the mesh of a disc of radius 0.1. I get elements which are only lines or to joined lines or triangles and i would rather like to have all triangles. I did meshes of rectangles before and I had not problem for that... Could you tell me if there is any parameter I have to set to obtain meshes with only triangles?

To generate a disc with Gmsh I use 2 Circle arc which require to define the center point of the circle (0,0,0) and 2 points: p1 = (0.1, 0, 0) and p2 = (-0,1, 0, 0). I create then the first arc from p1 to p2 and then the arc from p2 to p1.

Thank you.

Sara