[Gmsh] Postprocessing high-order fields - strange colors

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Wed Jan 4 12:02:48 CET 2017

> On 22 Dec 2016, at 18:52, Grégory LEGRAIN <gregory.legrain at ec-nantes.fr> wrote:
>
> I have also seen this in the last version of gmsh (even for P1 fields). It seems linked to the lighting : if you swap the viewpoint from +z to -z, everything is OK.
> Alternatively, you can also disable lighting in the options of the view.

The default lighting option changed in recent builds, from "two-side" to "single side" : beside being faster, it also allows to see when surfaces are not oriented correctly.

You can restore "two-side" lighting in Options->Color->Use two-side lighting.

Adaptive visualization can indeed change the orientation of the mesh: we will fix this.

Christophe