[Gmsh] Extruding 2d mesh

DILASSER Guillaume Guillaume.DILASSER at cea.fr
Thu Feb 16 08:41:25 CET 2017

Hi Arvind,

You can extrude mesh using the Extrude command (see documentation here<http://gmsh.info/doc/texinfo/gmsh.html#Extrusions>), especially to get hex mesh you might want to use the Layers and Recombine options<http://gmsh.info/doc/texinfo/gmsh.html#Structured-grids>. I enclose an example of what you can do, let me know if it helped.

Guillaume DILASSER
Doctorant SACM / LEAS
CEA - Centre de Saclay - Bât.123 - PC 319c
91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex - France -

guillaume.dilasser at cea.fr<mailto:guillaume.dilasser at cea.fr>