[Gmsh] Extrude from imported geometry

DILASSER Guillaume Guillaume.DILASSER at cea.fr
Mon Mar 6 17:04:16 CET 2017

Hi Daniel,

The Extrude command works primarily with geometry objects and not mesh objects. It can be used to Extrude mesh elements (for example using the "Layer" option) but only if you are extruding them alongside the supporting geometry. That is why you are able to work with the Gmsh "mesh" (you extrude the geometry and the mesh follows) but not the imported Brep. If you can, I would suggest you to build the 2D geometry to be extruded within Gmsh instead of importing it, it would save a lot of trouble… Nevertheless, I imagine you do have a good reason, if that is the case let me know.

Sincerely Yours,

Guillaume DILASSER
Doctorant SACM / LEAS
CEA - Centre de Saclay - Bât.123 - PC 319c
91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex - France -

guillaume.dilasser at cea.fr<mailto:guillaume.dilasser at cea.fr>