[Gmsh] Extrude from imported geometry

Daniel daniel at email.com
Mon Mar 6 21:38:30 CET 2017

Hi,

thank you very much for your answer!

Indeed, I don't think that using gmsh to create the geometry is an
option in my case. I am creating the geometry using opencascade
internally and it is therefore only available as brep.

Currently it seems to me, that the error occurs all the time with
imported geometry, so I gave this simple example to show the problem.
My question was more generally, if extruding is possible with imported
geometry at all, or if it is limited to native gmsh geometry.

By the way, the error occurs no matter if you extrude just the
geometry, or the mesh alongside the geometry (although extruding the
mesh is more relevant to me, as I can use opencascade, to just extrude
the geometry).

Best regards,
Daniel