[Gmsh] Extrude from imported geometry

Daniel daniel at email.com
Fri Mar 10 21:22:58 CET 2017

Hi,

thanks again for your help!

This is not exactly what I am looking for, because I don't want to
extrude an imported mesh, but import a geometry and extrude the mesh
created by gmsh.

Still, this inspired me to try the following workaround:

1. Import a geometry and mesh it
2. Save the mesh as a .msh file
3. Reopen the .msh file
4. Extrude the mesh

which worked, at least when I use the boundary layer version of the
Extrude command.

So this seems to be a useable workaround until the OPENCascade factory
is able to handle this.

Best regards
Daniel