[Gmsh] Restrict anisotropic field to a volume

Lionel Wilhelm wilhelm at ycoorsystems.com
Thu Dec 14 21:15:42 CET 2017

Dear Gmsher's,

I would like to mesh a "complex" with different mesh sizes. As the
simulation for which the mesh is designed is multiphisic, I do need
different mesh size according to the physic I want to resolve. For each
isotropic part, I specify one constant MathEval field and one Restrict field
on top of the MathEval field (with the volume id and its boundaries). This
way I can successfully set a mesh size for each different part.

In order to take into account every field, I then take the Min of every
Restrict field. This strategy is probably not the best but it works...

Because I would like to use anisotropic meshing, I tried to replace the
MathEval by a MathEvalAniso but the Restrict operation does not seem to
work.

Any hint to make isotropic and anisotropic meshes exist together ? What is
the IntersectAniso field ? Could that be useful in this specific case?

Kindly,

Lionel Wilhelm