[Gmsh] Question about the random perturbation factor

Shunxiang Cao csxtovt at vt.edu
Mon Dec 18 16:01:15 CET 2017

To whom it may concern,

Hi. My name is Shunxiang Cao. I am currently a Ph.D. student at Virginia
Tech. Could you please answer one question for me?

My simulation involves crack propagation and want to perform a mesh
sensitivity analysis by setting a random perturbation factor to the mesh. I
want to do it more rigorously and want to know more about the algorithm of
this feature. But I cannot find the documentation of the algorithm of
"-rand float". Would you please send me some references or point me to
right direction? Thank you very much for your time.

Best regards,
Shunxiang Cao
Ph.D. Candidate
Virginia Tech