[Gmsh] sizing fields

Hansjoerg Seybold hansjoerg at fisica.ufc.br
Mon Feb 5 11:47:32 CET 2018

Hi,
I am pretty new to gmsh, trying to learn now to use sizing field.

I created a poisson solution with getDP on a coarse mesh which I'd like to
use
as a starting point for a sizing function through mathematical
manipulations.

I encountered the following problem:
1. I can load the pos file and modify the view via
Plugin(ModifyComponents).Expression0 = "v0+1"; for example, but I could not
find a way how to obtain Max/Min of the pos-field to normalize the sizing
field range to say [1 2].  Also I could not find a complete list of which
mathematical functions gmsh actually supports.

2. How can I convert a view to a field, which then can be used to create
background fields as described in example t10.geo. I tried  Field[0] =
PostView; which gives
me a segmentation fault when applying "mesh2d".

Finally when applying the Lloyd smoother in the geo file the Recombine
command
seems to be ignored. Doing so in the graphical interface however seems to
work.

Thanks a lot,
hj