[Gmsh] Surface nodes

Zuheyr Alsalihi zuheyr at gmail.com
Mon May 28 18:44:45 CEST 2018

I am new to Gmsh and I would like to make a 3d thetrahedra solid mesh for
calculix stress calculations.  It is a periodic slice of a 3d radial
turbine model.

I think I need to input the *nodes*, not the elements that have faces on a
given surface, say, periodic suction side surface, to Calculix to fix
boundary conditions.

If I write out the mesh in ABQUS format and name a plane in the geometry,
physical group, then I get the elements who have faces on the surface.
I also saw this:
 http://onelab.info/pipermail/gmsh/2013/008643.html

Can you please help me to clarify this: Calculix needs the nodes lying on
the surface? Am I right? How do I persuade GMSH to write this?

Thank you so very much for reading!

Best regards,
Zuheyr

--