[Gmsh] Gmsh how to extract the node ID's on a given 3D Mesh Boundary Surface

Zuheyr Alsalihi zuheyr at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 11:37:56 CEST 2018

Dear Prof. Geuzaine,

Mille grand merci.

The question is I only need the nodes on the on the tagged Physical Surface
surface.

For instance: in the msh abaqus.inp with "Save groups of nodes" option:
my tagged surface is:

*ELSET,ELSET=PeriodicSurfacePS
589727, ......

where

******* E L E M E N T S *************
*ELEMENT, type=CPS6, ELSET=Surface7
589727, 1150, 13, 18137, 1170, 18413, 18414

are then the nodes of the SURFACE ELEMENT 589727

but what I am missing then is :
this surface element is not one of the faces of a 3D tetrahedra element as
I cannot find an element 589727 in the Volume :
*ELEMENT, type=C3D10, ELSET=Volume1

If I use the nodes from the line: 1150, 13, 18137, 1170, 18413, 18414 for
the surface element 589727, I am set?

Many thanks and best regards,
Zuheyr
--------
Dr. Zuheyr Alsalihi
Senior Research Engineer
Turbomachinery and Propulsion Department von Karman Institute for
Fluid Dynamics Ch. de Waterloo, 72, Rhode-St-Genese
Belgium Direct Line: +32 (0)2 359 98 65
Fax: +32 (0)2 359 96 00
E-mail: alsalihi at vki.ac.be
http://www.vki.ac.be