[Gmsh] Gmsh how to extract the node ID's on a given 3D Mesh Boundary Surface

Jeremy Theler jeremy at seamplex.com
Mon Jun 18 12:32:31 CEST 2018

On Mon, 2018-06-18 at 12:00 +0200, Zuheyr Alsalihi wrote:
> Thank you I appreciated it very much.
> Prof. Geuzaine indicated me a solution in the follow-up.
>
> As i mentioned in my reply to his email below, I was confused/did not think, that the CPS6 type surface element
> with its own ID is one of the faces of  a 3D C3D10 type tetrahedra element who has another ID.

I would like to comment on this. I find the way that CalculiX treats all this very awkard, and leads users
into situations like what happens to you. Gmsh's approach is far superior. I do not understand why
many many users keep on with codes like CalculiX that take all the FEA stuff back to the 70s.

> So looping over the tagged physical group surface elements is what I need to do!

Actually, this should be done on the FEA solver side, not on the user side.
But again, there are people that are happy with FORTRAN.

--
jeremy theler
www.seamplex.com