[Gmsh] topography issues

Riad HASSANI Riad.Hassani at unice.fr
Fri Sep 21 12:02:28 CEST 2018

Hi Stephanie,

the only trick I had found at the time is in three steps (there may be more direct solutions, if so, I'm interested!):

1) mesh only the "skin" of your domain (2D mesh), save it in a .msh file
2) move the nodes of the surface to match with your topography (use an external program that reads the .msh, interpolates the topography on the appropriate faces and rewrites your .msh).
3) in a .geo file, merge this new .msh, define the volume and then mesh it (3D mesh) (for example, if the initial domain has 6 faces : Merge "skin_modified.msh"; Surface Loop(1) = {1,2,3,4,5,6}; Volume(1)={1}; )

Best,

Riad