[Gmsh] Mesh of a bottle part 2

Luca Verzeroli l.verzeroli at studenti.unibg.it
Tue Nov 27 16:09:38 CET 2018

Good morning,

I'm dealing with the simulation of plastic bottles or thin-wall boxes.

I have already posted about the generation of the mesh for a bottle here
(http://onelab.info/pipermail/gmsh/2018/012285.html) but now the problem
is a bit different.

I would like to create a automatic script, or a .geo file that takes the
geometry from an external file and generate the 3D mesh.

The geometry is already realized in a CAD (Siemens NX) so the input file
for GMSH is pretty customizable. So I can export step, stl files, i can
export only surfaces and  so on.

Actually I have created a mesh of a very simple bottle (a sort of
cylinder with fillets and a neck), namely I generated the external
surface of the bottle in GMSH and than I obtained the 3D mesh using the
transfinite algorithm and extruding the mesh.

Now the geometry is more complex, think about a real bottle.

Actually I need to impose almost 4 boundary condition on the top, the
external, the internal and the bottom surface of the bottle. Then I need
also to set an arbitrary number of layer in the wall thickness.

I give you two pictures to understand the problem.

I would ask you some tips in order to face up with this problem.

--
Luca Verzeroli