[Gmsh] Scaling of a CAD file

Johannes Dillinger jojodillinger at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 12:57:07 CET 2019

Dear all,

I generated a step-file in onshape and exported (in meter) to a step file.

When merging in GMSH it is imported in millimeters, and I was wondering how
this can be changed.

I tried
Geometry.ScalingFactor = 0.001;
but it does not seem to have an effect in the geo file, and moreover I dont
know if it will influence also the geometry I generate in .geo (aside from
the imported one).

I adjusted the meshing in the .geo-file acordingly (millimeter), but in the
would like to set up the entire meshing in meter rather than millimeter.

Could you tell me how to solve this? I attached both, the step file and the
.geo file.

Thank you already in advance,
best regards,

Johannes