[Gmsh] Structured surface meshes and export to XYZ or structured CGNS

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at uliege.be
Tue Jan 21 14:24:16 CET 2020

Hi Guillaume,

Indeed Gmsh handles most (if not all) meshes as unstructured. Our new CGNS importer now handles structured meshes as input ; but the exporter still currently exports even structured meshes as unstructured. We plan to add simple structured CGNS grids for our transfinite meshes - but it's not done yet. Any help with this would actually be welcome.

Best,

Christophe