[Gmsh] Perodic surface command does not find connections on the opposite surface

Grunwald, Christoph Christoph.Grunwald at emi.fraunhofer.de
Mon Jan 27 09:47:50 CET 2020

Dear all,

I am trying to build a periodic mesh for a cube with some spheres in it and where some of the spheres protrude the surfaces and are cut on the cubes sides. As far as I see, there is the same number of curves and points on each of the geometric surfaces. However, when collecting opposite surfaces and applying "Periodic Surface" command, I regularly receive the Error "No corresponding point xx for periodic connection of surface xx to xx" or "Different number of points (x vs x) for periodic correspondence between surfaces xx and xx".
The issue does not appear if the spheres cut only one side of the cube (i.e. not spheres protruding the cubes edges).

Any help would be highly appreciated!
Thank you very much,
--
Christoph Grunwald
Fraunhofer Institut für Kurzzeitdynamik, Ernst-Mach-Institut, EMI