[Gmsh] Perodic surface command does not find connections on the opposite surface

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at uliege.be
Mon Jan 27 23:29:35 CET 2020

Dear Christoph,

There were two issues:

(1) your script assumed that Sxmin() and Sxmax() contain the corresponding surfaces in the right order; this is not guaranteed, as the master and slave surfaces are generated in different orders, so that the bounding box search will also return them in different order

(2) our curve matching code was using too strict a tolerance in case the match cannot be done purely topologically (when more than one curve has the same end points as the master curve)

Here is your script with a solution for (1). The latest development snapshot of Gmsh contains the fix for (2).

Best,