[Gmsh] Question about storing two vectors in one line of a msh file

cean wang ceanwang at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 07:11:41 CEST 2020

Hi,

In the $NodeData section of a msh file, like below, 1-component defines a
(scalar) field, and 3-component will define a vector field.

Could I use a 6-component value to define two vector fields? I have 3
transition and 3 rotation values for one grid point to store. Or I have to
make two $NodeData sections each have a 3-component value?

Regards,

Cean

$NodeData
1                *1 string tag:*
"A scalar view"  *  the name of the view ("A scalar view")*
1                *1 real tag:*
0.0              *  the time value (0.0)*
3                *3 integer tags:*
0                *  the time step (0; time steps always start at 0)*
1                *  1-component (scalar) field*