[Gmsh] Boundary layer for complexe pipe geometry

Francis Giraldeau francis.giraldeau at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 22:39:22 CEST 2020

Hello!

I'm trying to create a pipe for CFD using the Extrusion Wire command,
available with the OpenCASCADE kernel (using gmsh v4.6.0). The main
difference with tutorial t19.geo is that I added a Boundary Layer inside
the pipe.

I confirm that the simple translation extrusion works fine
(PipeBoundaryLayerSimple.geo):

[image: Screenshot from 2020-09-09 13-29-29.png]

However, using the Extrude Wire, the Boundary Layer is lost. I can confirm
that the original extruded surface has indeed the boundary layer
(PipeBoundaryLayerCurve.geo):

[image: image.png]

I understand that this seems in development. I can contribute, but I would
need some pointers as to where to start. My ultimate goal would be to mesh
a complexe pipe from a STEP file including a boundary layer.

For reference, I added all my test case in this repo:

  https://github.com/giraldeau/pipe-mesh

Cheers,

--
Francis